Monday, February 27, 2012

I forgot how fun it was to go out with friends and just have a good time! I'm only 27 but after college, reality set in too quickly. I found myself trapped behind a desk day in and day out. After long days at the office, I rushed home to put on a pair of comfy pajamas and curl up with my cat on the couch. I got stuck. I've been going back and forth with my feelings about quitting my job but after this weekend, I know I made the right choice. For the first time in a long time I can honestly say that I am happy! Not just happy in the sense that I'm content. I'm not sure where this optimism is coming from but I'm going with it. Also, hanging out with my new friends has been the perfect release to counterbalance the stress of writing my novel. I was able to get a lot of work done on it this weekend!
So far, the plot is as follows---
Eighteen year old Jayda decides not to go to college immediately after high school much to her controlling, image conscious parents dismay. Although, throughout high school she was not explicitly rebellious, she constantly elided her parents demands. Upon graduation, Jayda leaves her parents home and sets out to experience the world that she feels her parents have sheltered her from.

Thoughts?
--L

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Whatever you start, just don't stop. The results will be rewarding when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is my first time checking your blog Priscilla and your novel sounds very interesting! Glad to hear that you're happy with your recent choice to quit your job. Sometimes you've just got to go with your gut.

    ReplyDelete