Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reaching a Turning Point

It's been a whole week since I've posted last and not too much has happened.

On Tuesday I finally texted Danny back. I think that he thinks I'm just playing hard to get (not necessarily a bad thing!). Anyway, we went and got coffee when he got out of work that day and I finally came clean about where I actually live! It felt really great to tell the truth but it sounded so ridiculous. I felt so stupid. He just laughed and was like, "Don't worry about it!" I'd like to think that he is just a nice guy but, I'm skeptical about why he seems like me so much. Conversation was definitely easier this time and I didn't feel compelled to fill in the blank space with lies. We have been texting since our coffee date and we have plans to get dinner tonight. Are we dating?

As far as my novel is concerned…I've been working really hard and it's starting to come together. However, I called my mom to tell her about it yesterday and she flipped out. She kept saying, "how do you plan on paying your rent?!" and "do you even know how to write a novel?!?" Now, I'm getting a little bit nervous that I might have made a bad decision. On the other hand, the challenge is kind of exciting. She does have a good point about paying my rent though. I wasn't saving too too much money before I quit my job. I think I need to start looking for a part time job at least. New mission for this week I guess.

On the bright side, my characters are coming together nicely! Right now I need to get working on it but I'll post a summary later if anyone is interested!

ps. Didn't mention Danny to my mom. She doesn't like hearing about me talking to guys after Andrew...

-L

3 comments:

  1. Moms have a way of putting you in your place. Just yesterday my mom told me that skipping class because of a cold made me "an ungrateful and selfish child" and that she would have no problem coming to every college class with me if that's what it took...nooo thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to write a book myself. Of course, I'm famous so I don't have to hide snippets of my life behind fictional characters and events, all under the guise of a "novel". I can just write shit how it happened, slap a big fucking picture of my face on the cover and that shit will sell like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tempted to write lucky you...but that's not exactly the story I'm going for. I like the idea of creating an alternate reality where my characters can exist and interact independent of this world. I don't think my life is exciting enough to put into a novel. If it were, I guess I could write an autobiography. Maybe once I'm a famous writer I'll write one about this transition phase of my life. Who knows what the future holds...

    ReplyDelete