Sunday, February 12, 2012

Not Exaclty a Failure...

My date with Danny was alright. I may have screwed myself over because I couldn't resist making up a few lies throughout the evening. Sometimes, I feel like my mouth has a mind of its own (especially when I'm nervous). I'll be repeating in my head...tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth...but when I open my mouth the lies just escape. I thought I was ready to open up to someone and try my hand at an honest relationship, or a friendship at least. I guess I need to work on this a little bit more. Danny hasn't called me back but he sent me a text this morning saying, "I had a good time the other night, we should check out that coffee shop you were raving about". Most would see this as a positive sign but, I have no idea what fucking coffee shop I was referring to. Ugh, I was just filling in the blanks after we ordered our meals. I thought...shit, he isn't saying anything. I need to start some kind of conversation. I guess I'll just have to try out a few coffee shops this week and pick a good one. Not too difficult to cover up this lie. Also, after the date he tried to walk me home since I told him I live on the Red Line.  Luckily, I'm pretty good at thinking on my feet so I told him that my roommate was picking me up...only problem is, I don't have a roommate. Unless my cat is going to steal a car and drive on over and pick me up. We'll see how this plays out. Honestly, it was nice to meet someone new. He was a really nice guy and took me to a really cute little Italian restaurant. Hopefully I can gracefully cover up my little white lies.
I haven't texted him back yet, maybe later. I want to find a coffee shop first. Maybe I'll have to find a roommate too. Shit.

--L

2 comments:

  1. Come clean now, or you're going to end up in terrible trouble later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I know. It's so much easier said than done though.

    ReplyDelete