Monday, April 16, 2012

To plan or not to plan?

Since I was a little kid, my life has been pretty much planned out for me and look how that has turned out. I've done exactly what I was supposed to do until these past few months. I need to experience something real. I feel like I can't find what I'm looking for but I do not even know what it is I'm looking for. I hope that my journey will help me find what I'm looking for. My dilemma as of right now is how I will go about taking this trip. I have a 2008 Subaru Outback that used to be my mothers. I bought it last summer with only 50,000 miles on it so it should work just fine. I decided to go alone. Some soul searching is in order. So, that's about all I have planned. I told the Coffee Shop my plan and they were surprisingly accepting of it. The manager gave me some names and numbers of friends he knew in different places across the US. He said that he'd always wanted to take a trip across the country but never found the time. I'm making the time now. I don't want to be sitting around someday thinking about the trip I wish I took. I'm taking it. Also, I'm telling the truth the whole time. I've lived a series of lies for so long. Maybe it's because I was bored with who I really am. I'm embracing who I am. It's time to put this way of thinking to the test. I must seem so sporadic and almost frantic to whoever may be reading this but that's probably because it's how I really feel.
I plan to leave my apartment on Friday morning. That gives me 4 days to find someone to sublet and pack. My friend from work is taking my cat. Sadly, he hates cars and wouldn't make a great travel companion.
Wish me luck!

-L

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issue...ever since I was a kid, everyone expected me to be an accountant. I mean, I guess it worked out...

    ReplyDelete