Sunday, April 29, 2012

Looks Can Be Deceiving!

So, Jess and James are quite the pair and have made D.C. a veryyy interesting experience. I got into the city around 5 on Friday night and decided to have dinner by myself and walk around a little bit. I am not a particularly shy person but I wanted to have some prep time before I had to introduce myself to the 2 total strangers I would be staying with for a few nights. I stopped at a little restaurant that boasted that it had the best crab pretzel in the city. I'd never tried a crab pretzel so I figured it was worth a shot. I actually really liked it! It is always kind of awkward to go out to dinner alone. Thankfully, I brought my book and got some reading in. Little did I know then that I wouldn't have a chance to read again for the rest of the weekend.

After dinner, I walked around and looked in some store windows. The weather was really nice so I enjoyed some time to explore. I arrived at Jess and James' around 8 and they were already WASTED! I expected a totally different type of welcoming. They greeted me in the doorway and led me into the kitchen where they already had a shot poured for me! I wasn't about to offend my host and hostess so I went along with it. I thought, this is turning into a drinking vacation...don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good party but I had literally just recovered from my NYC shenanigans. Meanwhile, more and more of their friends arrived and they ended up having a huge party at their TINY apartment. I just kept drinking and drinking so I wouldn't feel awkward....BAD coping mechanism, I know. Late at night, well really early in the morning, people began to leave and I found myself sitting between Jess and James on the couch with 2 of their other friends sitting across from us. I couldn't help but feel like both of them were hitting on me. I chalked it up to the alcohol at first but after a while, it became quite clear that the leg grazes were not accidental. Feeling awkward, I got up to use the bathroom and when I came back Jess was making out with the OTHER guy that was not James! She motioned for me to join and it immediately clicked...they were SWINGERS! All four of these polo and seersucker clad prepsters were about to have a foursome and wanted me include--fivesome I guess... Very intoxicated and overwhelmed, I declined as politely as possible. Although, I'm 100 percent sure my shock was visible. They understood and the four of them ventured into the bedroom. Thankfully, I had brought my Ipod. I took one more shot for good measure and turned my music up as loud as possible and squeezed my eyes shut till I fell asleep.

Needless to say, I left early in the morning and spent last night at the Holiday Inn. I'm a little bit bummed because I handled the situation awkwardly (I mean how else would I have handled it!) and I didn't want to call either of them to show me around the next day. So, D.C. has been a bit lonely. I had a solo picnic on the water and went on a few tours of various historical sites. I enjoyed the city a lot. There are so many beautiful parks and stunning flowers and trees. I'll have to come back with friends next time.

I'm off to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I'm really excited! I know it is still early in the season but my childhood friend Jason lives there now and he promised me a surf lesson! I'll be in the Corolla area for 3 days. I hope the weather is nice. It isn't beach season yet but I'm not too bad on a surf board. When we were kids, Jason used to take me out surfing with him and his brother in Connecticut. I haven't seen him few 2 years but I made sure to visit his family when I was in CT. He is the kind of friend that you can talk to once every few months and its like you never left each other. We spent every summer together from the time we were born until we were about 22.

Post soon--

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment