Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CRAZY Week!

I've been on the road for 3 days and it has been AMAZING! Right now, I am in New York City. I haven't gotten too far yet seeing as Boston is only about 4 hours away! But I love this city! Also, it took me a few days to get here because I stopped to visit some family in Mystic, CT.

I guess I need to backtrack and explain why I left a few days later than planned. So, as I was packing up to leave on Thursday night, my friend from work called and told me that she couldn't sublet my apartment anymore! I was so mad. Finally, I had this amazing opportunity and she all of a sudden was preventing me from doing it! Needless to say, I was not very friendly when she told me. After I hung up the phone I was really upset but I knew that I needed to go on this trip no matter what. I spent the next few days in constant contact with my landlord and on the phone with friends. Finally, my friend that was originally going to sublet called me back and said that she changed her mind yet AGAIN! I said okay and told her this was her last chance to back out but she didn't! I left the next day, Sunday. Close call...

I hoped on the road and headed down to coastal Connecticut to visit my family. I grew up going there in the summers and I was really looking forward to returning. When I pulled into the town I was flooded with memories. I can't believe how many years it took me to return here. Even though it isn't summer yet, I pulled over and took a walk along the beach. I arrived at my Grandparents house in the late afternoon. They were thrilled to see me! I spent Sunday night to Tuesday morning visiting all of my favorite spots like the Mystic Aquarium, the Mystic Seaport, and the Mystic Drawbridge. It was hard to leave but I was excited to get to New York City.

I arrived in New York City late last night. I have a good friend from college that lives in the city, Sarah. I haven't seen her since college so it was so exciting to be reunited! Since I got in so late last night we couldn't go explore the city but we will tonight! I can't wait.

I have to go. We are going for a walk around the city.

--L

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy yourself. I truly envy you. I always wanted to travel around a bit when I was in college, but with the season never ending I just didn't have the time. I guess nowadays all I really do is travel, but it's just not the same when you go from the airport to the hotel to the stadium and back. I wish I had time to take in the different cultures.

    ReplyDelete