Friday, April 27, 2012

On to D.C.

New York City has been amazing. I'm thinking of maybe moving here when I'm done traveling. My friend Sarah showed me an awesome time! On Wednesday night we went out with a lot of her friends and our friend Mike from college who also lives in the city. It was a little bit overwhelming though. It seemed like we went to a million bars and I got a little bit too drunk! I was planning on leaving NYC yesterday but I couldn't think of driving all the way to D.C. with my head pounding that bad. We started off drinking at Sarah's apartment with some of her friends. I haven't taken shots since college but we decided to whip out the bottle of vodka for old times sake! After about 4 shots things started to get a little bit wild! Sarah's guy friends that live on the floor below her came over to hang out with us. They were hilarious. She had this one friend Marc that was so cute and very funny. I was immediately attracted to him. They brought over some beer so before I knew it we were all pretty wasted and having a rowdy time. At about 11 pm we left to head to a bar close to the apartment building. It was more like a pub if you ask me. We ordered a round of wings and continued drinking. My memory is a little blurry from this point on but I remember little parts. We stumbled as a group outside the bar and hailed a cab. The cab driver was a flamboyant man from the Dominican Republic. I told him about my plans to travel around the U.S. and he recommended that I go visit his family in the DR. I lied and told him that I spoke Spanish. OOPS! My lies still come out when I'm drunk. I took a few Spanish classes in college but I'm veryyy rusty. As soon as I told the man I spoke Spanish I knew I'd be subject to having a conversation. Ugh. It was terrible. After a few failed attempts to speak Spanish I laughed and admitted to the whole cab and the drive that I'd lied and I only spoke the few words I'd learned in college. It was surprisingly easy to admit and everyone got a good laugh about it. By the time we got to the next bar things were heating up between Marc and I. He kept putting his arm around me. At the bar he bought me a drink and asked me to dance. We made our way onto the dance floor and had a great time! Soon all of Sarah's friends joined us on the dance floor and Mike and Sarah started dancing together! As far as I knew, they had been just friends! Apparently not, I remember them kissing and he ended up going home with her later that night. I didn't know until the morning because I went back to Marc's house! I barely remember it but we had sex! It was awesome even if it was pretty clumsy.  Even though I'll probably never see him again it was really fun to hang out with an awesome guy. The morning was a little bit awkward. I haven't had a one night stand since college and I didn't know what to do. Thankfully, Sarah only lived one floor up so I mumbled something about how she must be wondering where I am and ran out.

Anyway, we sat around laughing about our drunken night and eating pizza and ice cream. It was like we were back in college again. It was great. I spent one last night on the couch in Sarah's apartment and left early this morning. Right now I am in a coffee shop along the highway. I was still tired from my time in New York so I decided to take a little break. I'm on my way to D.C. now. I don't know anyone to stay with in D.C. but I joined this couch surfer network on the internet before I left and I am sleeping at one of the other members apartments right in the city. I'm a little bit nervous. Her name is Jess and she lives with her boyfriend James. They look a little bit up tight from their pictures. Like matching polo shirts and seersucker pants. They joined the couch surfing network because they have an extra room and say they like to network. We'll see how it goes. They seem really nice so far!

I'll keep you posted!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment