Friday, March 9, 2012

She Means Well...

I'm feeling really terrible today. I totally blew up at my mother today and stormed out of my apartment. I'm currently hiding out at the coffee shop where I work to cool off. I told her that I'll be home when I'm ready to talk to her. I'm dreading it. I hate confrontation. I just keep it in for way to long and then it all comes rushing out in a ruthless wave of emotion. I didn't handle it well. She has been nagging me all week about money and my lack of a boyfriend. I am doing my best but she just doesn't see it. Basically, I told her all of this. She looked hurt so I ran out. I feel like a little kid right now that has run away from home in a dramatic display. We both know I'll come home and we will have a serious "talk". I don't want to ughhh. I hate serious talks. I wish she would just go home and let me live my life!

Sorry for venting! Wish me luck!

-L

3 comments:

  1. good luck! I would just make a list of everything important you want to say that way you can get it all out without forgetting anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea! I took your advice and we ended up having a great conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the conversation went well Priscilla, its always difficult to see eye to eye with people...especially moms. They just can't get it out of their heads that they know best.

    ReplyDelete