Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mom's gone, Danny's back!

My last post was rather frantic. I needed to have a serious talk with my mother. It's hard to handle her but I know she has my best interest at heart. She has always pushed me and at times it has felt like she wants to live my life for me. Last week, we finally put it all out on the table. I told her that she needed to let me make my own choices. I mean my god I'm already 27 years old! After a few hours of tears and hugs, she agreed to take a step back. She left the next morning and I've talked to her a few times since. I know she loves me and I could see that I was breaking her heart. I resent her for telling me how to live my life and she has always made me feel like I wasn't good enough. For the first time in my life, I feel good enough just being myself. I can't let her ruin that...again. I have new friends and a new job and a new goal to write my novel. I haven't been lying anymore at all and I've rekindled my love for writing. Despite my guilt from having hurt my mother, I think it is for the best. 

On another note, my novel is going really well. Writing it is turning out to be quite the interesting experience. I guess I never realized how long it was going to take. I keep writing and rewriting and then just deleting pages all together. I know it's a process and I am trying not to rush it. It will all come together if I work hard at it!

Also, the other day, guess who came into the coffee shop when I was working?...Danny!! It was really great to see him. We kind of fell out of touch for some reason. I forgot how much fun he was to be with. He stayed and chatted with my co-workers and I until we closed and then he walked me home! I told him all about my novel and he offered to read it and help me edit it! I'm nervous to show him my work but it could be helpful to get some feedback.

I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight and then seeing a concert at a bar downtown. Should be a good time!

-L

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know what it's like to be smothered by your mom, although in my case, I really do still need it.

    ReplyDelete