Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Staying for a Bit

UGH. Rough morninggggg. If you couldn't tell by my last post, I had more than a little to drink last night. The hang over is worth it though. I had a great time. The other volunteers at the center are amazing. I have made some life long friends here. Also, they asked me to stay and be a long term volunteer! I have to think about it a little bit more but I could definitely see myself staying here. The long term volunteers have a lot more responsibility and are project heads. I think I am going to call my mom later today and talk to her about it. I'm sure she'll freak out and demand that I come home. We'll see. She wasn't too excited when she found out I was going on this trip but she was surprisingly supportive. I'll keep you posted!

I am getting lunch with my friend Robby today. He is from California and is on a similar path as me. He left home about a month ago and is traveling in the opposite direction. We have really hit it off and he is also deciding if he wants to spend the summer in New Orleans. I'm looking forward to talking to him about it.

I may or may not post. I have a big day on site tomorrow. If I have time you'll hear from me!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment